Dyfrdwy Tramway: Steam in the garden...

Over lock down I didn't actually get my live steam engine out, so it's not been used for months - which had meant it's regulator O-ring wasn't closing properly, when I steamed her the other day it was possible to run on just the reverser there was so much steam passing the regulator valve...
As a result trains were diesel hauled for a few days - and it was lovely to get them all out for a run, I'd forgotten how much fun it can be to just drive a 'real' train up from the wharf to the mill and quarry.
However, thanks to Dave Mees I was able to get hold of some new O-rings, and it wasn't a big job to replace, although I did have to remove the bodywork to get the regulator off. After the work was complete I obviously had to give it a rest run, and what a transformation - almost as I remember picking her up from Peter all those months ago... the last job really for now is to do the safety valve, which is suffering similarly with passing steam.
However, for now here are a few photos...

The kids are all here this week, so I've managed a little commission work but things are obviously a lot slower. However there will be an update on Friday afternoon (a little later than usual) and then back to normal, relatively speaking next week... More soon...

Comments