It’s in the small things…

Take one small task at a time, enjoy it, contemplate the work required, how it may be achieved, what may be required…
My approach to the CF7 has been a real tonic this week. I’ve enjoyed every moment. I’ve researched, studied photos of prototypes, looked at what new and old materials I had to work with… I’ve tweaked electronic decoders, and worked with fine hand tools… it has been a truly mindful experience. 

This evening I created the cut levers at each end from ten pieces of brass wire, hand cut and bent using my favourite pliers. I recycled four brackets and eight eyelets from etches left over from previous kits and I created something that couldn’t have been made any other way, in my hand. Enjoy the process, enjoy the flow of work. More soon…

Comments

  1. Now wanting to be difficult, but seeing how much effort you've gone to, shouldn't the six dangly pipes fit behind the horizontal brass wire thingy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not normally. They’re the control pipe work, when working in multiple. Normally they’d be in front of the cut lever, or removed altogether.

      Delete
    2. Cool. I was going by the prototype photo but that may not show typical practice.

      Delete
    3. Yes, the photo isn’t the best at showing the arrangement. Mind, of course it’s all over scale, and a slight bodge to look right.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.