Ruston LB in 7/8ths: Working chassis…

A milestone reached on the Ruston LB in 7/8ths project as all the design work in the chassis has come together to result in this working prototype…
Welcome to another cringey (well for me) video sharing the Ruston LB project, this time with a fully working chassis. One thing I hope I get across is how excited I am about this model, and the potential it has to inform further work in the scale. 7/8ths is a great balance of detail and size for these smaller industrial narrow gauge models, especially the diesel powered ones. 

As I mention into the video, there is still time to reserve a model in the batch, with a deposit of £130. Tje remaining balance of £1200 is paid in four instalments through the build. The price gets you a handmade custom model to your exact prototype specification, weathered and painted to your requirements and a shared experience in the hand making process as I share and engage throughout the process. Drop me a line if your interested. 

For those that are not, or model in different scales or prototypes I hope you enjoy the video nevertheless. In the meantime, more soon…

Comments

  1. Outstanding James! Nice bit of clever engineering there. Thoroughly enjoy this kind of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff, the gearbox is an exciting development as I can use similar designs for the other Ruston in future… I can’t wait to crack on with the bodywork next week.

      Delete
    2. It's the great benefit of working on large scale models. So many things become possible, like your gearbox and chain drive. Being able to use low cost motor/gearhead combinations like you have is great too. I often think about doing some large scale stuff, but I can't finish the small scale stuff, so I don't bother.

      Great work as always James...

      Delete
  2. Absolutely wonderful looking chassis. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, it’s great fun, even the chain and sprockets feel the right size in 7/8ths…

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.