Hilton and Mears presents the Ballard and Wantage...

New from H&M, a feature length production featuring the Ballard and Wantage that I've described previously on the blog...


Running along five miles of former Maine Central trackage from their connection at Wantage and to the town of Ballard join us as we follow Ballard & Wantage’s classic SW1 through scenes of interurban-era street running like here on Corwen Road as they deliver a carload of feed to the Coy Mill on Prince Street. Thirty-two minutes of never-released footage of this chase on a beautiful June afternoon is railroading that invites you home to meet the family. This video also includes footage as the first of cement hoppers on the newly reopened Beaverbrook branch where light rail and grassy track is the road to the Planet Industrials cement transload.


Despite the background being somewhat incomplete I still enjoy taking photographs on Beaverbrook during operating sessions. An 'in progress' shot of my latest model, the Ballard and Wantage's SW1, shared with my good friend Chris and the 'blurb' in response led to the faux box artwork and another little slice of H&M. Until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. I LOVE stuff like this. If I ever nail down a concept for a freelance railway I'd like to create a fake wikipedia page for it. A lot of railway pages have a 'multiple issues' banner at the top, so I'd like to have the same and fill the thing with a lot of fairly far fetched claims with a 'citation needed' or 'dubious- discuss' note against them. I figure an unreliable narration to the alternate history adds another level to our make believe worlds- and it's a good way to hide those things more implausible things you need to be so in order to build the layout you want but can't find a way to justify.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim you’ve made my day. Sometimes I worry that Chris and I are just self indulgently chuckling to ourselves and enjoying the conversation but others don’t get it… I can completely see the parallel to your plans for the future and a fake Wikipedia page is a cool idea, perhaps I should look at something like that for the TerraTransport faux history we’ve produced to date!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.