Come in number 4, your time is up…

The prototype EuroNG O&K cane locomotive has received a coat of lovely rich crimson paint and lettered for the Creech Grange Railway. Number 4 was unused and so here she is…

Lined in signal red with a 70 year old bow pen and sealed with dull-cote, the finished model has some coal in the tender and is ready for service on Creech Barn, the home of the Creech Grange Railway. I managed to knock off the brake stand on the tender, so need to build another, as well as add a driver! 
The model evokes the feel of many of the prototypes that inspire me at Statfold Barn. I look forward to seeing what others do with the kit when I finally get around to updating the etch artwork and sourcing parts after the half term. I expect the kit to be ready by Easter, but don’t hold me to it! Although there is no daylight under the boiler, the Percy chassis allows for a wonderfully empty cab, unlike the chassis we have got used to using in the past. The benefit is then models with open cabs like this become a real possibility. 

I mention she is number 4, what else runs at Creech Grange? Number 2 is Katie, Number 3 is the first O&K and number 7 a Czech locomotive.

I’ve enjoyed designing kits again and look forward to more in the future. I have been asked about whether I’ll be doing a ready to run batch, I won’t, but am happy to offer commission builds. Until next time more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments