Creech Barn Railway: Scenic foundations...

Over the weekend I've been inspired to work on my 009 micro layout, Creech Barn, after making progress with the O&K cane locomotive...


The basic ground work is now complete, having been built up with interior filler and painted to seal it with emulsion tester pots. The track has also had the sleepers and rails painted so that I can add soil to the ground and ballast the track. Then it will be onto the buildings and walls, I expect this little project may come together quite quickly if I can focus on it! It feels lovely to just watch the train run around this scene, and I hope it goes to show that everyone has space for a model railway! Yes you won't fit a Fairlie on this, but small 0-4-0 locomotives have a lot of character in H0e or 009. Until next time more soon...


Comments

  1. James, this is splendid work and very inspiring. I’m considering a 009 circuit layout on a 40 by 25cm board. I’ll be watching this with interest.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Chris, that's very close to the size of Creech Barn. The width is going to be your enemy there though, 25cm would make things very very tight - it's nice to have a little space at the edge of the board incase of derailments! I'm glad that it's proving inspiring...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.