Operational O…

Yesterday saw me make a return visit to Steve's wonderful O gauge loft layout, a sprawling operational based line with two sizeable termini including loco facilities, carriage sidings and goods yards...


Still feeling very much the amateur with some heavy tuition I began to get the hang of the bell codes and lever frames, surprising myself at using the correct terminology and enjoying the focus that a timetable can bring.


A good opportunity to study these wonderful models between trains, Steve’s layout is build to 7mm finescale and on the whole ran well. The point of these sessions is to iron out any wiring gremlins before the ballast goes down and we had a few issues with some of the older hand made turnouts and H&M solonoids, I’d forgotten how much fun trouble shooting can be with a fellow modeller.


Time flew by and there is plenty more to be testing, I hope o can remember what I learnt on my next visit, and feel lucky to have been trusted and let loose on such a wonderful creation. Until next time, more soon…

Comments

  1. Would love to see a plan for this. Any chance you drew up one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t have one and I’m not sure I could do it justice, I still get confused as to where things are coming and going from!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.