Sunday sun and Sulzer…

It has been a busy hot weekend, a day out to Statfold on Saturday and running about yesterday for the kids and then chores, grass cutting and car washing…

The silky burble of the Sulzer Diesel engine in the Llangollen Railway’s Class 26 kept my spirits up, as it purred up and down the valley. I decided to walk up the hill and catch the last train of the day returning to Llangollen, and captured this shot as it rounded the bend across the river from home. We really are lucky to have a railway like this on the doorstep, and I hope to squeeze in a ride next Saturday. Until next time, more soon… 


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. 


Comments

  1. Car washing on a Sunday ?
    Tsstss... ;-)
    Cheers
    Dirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Llangollen railway is a constant inspiration isn't it? A parade of DMU's and now this! It looks so right and like I imagine an era of railroading I just missed preserved in a way I imagine it would have looked like if I had seen it as it was and that feels just perfect and very, very enticing.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a wonderful reflection from across the Atlantic Chris, thank you. I notice, in this photo especially, my own love hate with the valley. It’s all green and all of a time, but is all valley and no sky. I pine for the open fields of Shropshire, the coastal low hills of North Pembrokeshire… even just a house on a hill. Rather we’re stuck here in the bottom of a beautiful valley yet all I can see are frustration.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.