Changing of the guard…

As TerraTransport formerly take on the Franklin Spur in Moncton, the last of the old order rolls by the office as signage marks the change. Where the zebras have roamed for years soon we will welcome the emerald green locomotives of the new order…


One thing is for sure, 4769 crawling down Beaverbrook today will carry on working for mother CN for another twenty years. Tomorrow will see the first TT local, reported to be hauled by one of their light footed U18Bs, and just as I’m out today to photograph the last, I’ll be out tomorrow to photograph the first. As a wise man once said, the only thing certain in life is change. Here’s to that! 

Of course, this is my H0 scale work in progress layout ‘Beaverbrook’, with a reworked Athearn Genesis GP38-2 posed here. Working on my own projects is a welcome distraction from the wonderful commission work I’m lucky enough to call my day job. That means North American modelling is all mine, and for good reason. It’s a separation between ‘work’ and ‘play’, just enough of one to feel right. Until next time, more soon…

Comments

  1. I think the removed CN signage resting against the building tells a wonderful story of "change." Nice photo and caption.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, thank you, it was a subtle deliberate action when I built the office, which isn’t really there on the prototype but was a choreographed artistic twist that suited my backstory and physical space constraints. I think these touches add a depth to what we’re looking at, they’re from the same hand as the locomotives painting and weathering, conceived by the same mind that is fuelled by the same inspiration.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.