Detail detail detail (N part 10)...

A short interlude on the N scale journey as I explore the possibilities of these wonderful 'new generation' 1/148 scale models, these cruel enlargements show a pretty much out of the box Farish Class 31...


I've de-saturated these to allow us to focus on proportion and detail rather than colours - as I've yet to begin weathering these models. Let us take a look at the face of this model... and let me remind you... "This is N!"


Despite the need to wear eye magnification the pipes that come with the model are well formed and fit neatly in small holes pre-moulded in the buffer beam. These photos are several times larger than the model itself, and the combination of a full complement of buffer beam pipework and the subtle DG 2mm scale couplings is very effective indeed. The promise of this 'N scale' adventure is so exciting, and I can't wait to share more as I finalise sketches for the 'micro' experimental cameo. Until next time, more soon...

Comments