Sunday morning at Paxton Road…

A squeeze through the old spear point fencing along the back of the yard and you’re in, aware you are trespassing whilst being careful of the dangers of a quiet railway yard…


It’s Sunday and you’re on your way back from the shops for bread and milk. There isn’t much going on, both trucks and shunters waiting for the fresh week to begin on Monday morning. Taking it all in and letting the scene before you wash over, you feel peaceful once more.


I built and build model railways to explore and understand my own connection with railways and models. This latest cameo is the purest of model railways, light on operation but rich on character. I loved creating it, I love playing with it, I love just getting lost in it. 

Enjoy your Sunday.
Until next time, more soon…

Comments

  1. I especially like the subtle use of the static grasses and weeds around the track seen in the second photo. Tied to the viewing angle they help quietly break the track's hard horizontal line, subtly holding our focus on the engines. This breaking up of a scene is something most of us only consider by using sheds, buildings and trees in the foreground--larger objects. This particular twist tickles my painter's aesthetic for softening edges for effect and has me thinking differently about viewing angle in the composition. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave I’d not really even considered this as framing as such. Taking a second and third look I can see your point, and it is an unconscious result of years of observing first hand and through photographs the onwards march of vegetation encroachment on our railways since the end of steam.

      Delete
  2. I keep coming back to that top photograph. It feels so natural. Such depth. Great atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.