Trains in the village…

I’d forgotten just how lovely it was to be held up at the level crossing in the village…


Nipping out to pick up some cakes for Mother’s Day with the youngest this morning, we got caught at the crossing. Shooting into the sun was problematic but with monotone and some post processing these have come out well. That DMU is screaming our for some new blue and grey paint though, especially with the plated headcode box and headlights. It would bring back good memories for me, these were the fodder of my early childhood.


Brain fog still persists here, and I’m beginning to become frustrated with my lack of focus and energy, flitting between searching on eBay for Farish 37s and endless Googling for brick coping and detailing to allow me to start building the shed come warehouse for Paxton Road 3. Neither is helping.

Anyhow, I hope you’re bearing up better than me today, until next time more soon…

Comments

  1. Really lovely photos, James, especially in b/w. We got to ride on a 104(?) at ELR on Friday, and I think I might have enjoyed it as much as the steam trips (if not a teeny bit more). Sorry to hear the brain fog is still causing problems, it's insidious and very frustrating - but if it's any consolation your updates inspire >0 people to take action at the very least.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.