Commission: A Southern Victory…

A few Friday Updates past I think this model appeared looking rather clean and glossy on my book case, now it is finished, and what a transformation…


My customer’s choice of colour and lettering look absolutely superb on the Planet Industrials ‘Victory’, and if we were talking a further run of faux liveries this would definitely be up there for me! I’ve done this prototype before but in East Kent colours and BR black, now we’ve got pre-nationalisation Southern and doesn’t it suit it well?

A custom etched Southern number plate adorns the bunker whilst the Kerr Stuart works plates have appeared on the sand boxes. Following the application of the excellent Fox transfers I applied a coat of satin lacquer before a 3 stage weathering, washes and airbrushing bringing the finish to life. Just a hint of the sheen left on the tank sides and boiler.
 

Real coal now graces the bunker and a Planet Industrials crew (Steve and myself in miniature) adorn the footplate. Yet again the work show cases the real beauty of these heavy chunky and characterful work horses. Despite being a class size of just 10 they seem to look great, believable, at home even in whatever colours you paint them! I’ve really enjoyed this latest transformation, take a look back at previous examples using the Victory label.


If you have a model you’d like me to refinish, be that a total repaint or just a new identity I can provide a complete one stop service including sourcing all parts and finishing with a subtle weathering. Get in touch using the form here on the website, Facebook or the forums for a fixed price no obligation proposal. Until next time, more soon…

Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.


Comments