Quintessential Carrog…

Whilst I’ve been away this weekend in Bexhill, more on that soon, last Monday I managed a trip over to Carrog with my daughter on our bikes…


Riding the back road is a lovely way to spend a few hours, relatively flat and quiet with few cars she managed fine with the promise of a cake or something at Carrog to spur her on… me the thought if a browse for a second hand book in the 80072 coach was enough incentive. The station is a wonderful place to spend time between trains, every bit the quintessential GWR country station, it will be a shame when the line opens to Corwen, will people still consider breaking their journey?


Not all quaint period signage, there is more to the stations character, I think it is the size and proportion of buildings and in relation to the road bridge. Whilst the preservation society shops remain, and the cafe open, I’ll be happy to keep cycling the back road with the kids, even without!


We didn’t wait to see the train, we’d seen it in the village earlier in the day, but I did hear it coming in our way back, below, and managed to get to a gateway in time to grab a photograph. Green against green isn’t the easiest, especially with the overcast sky, but the HDR has worked wonders on the original.

If you’ve still not visited the revived railway, I’d say this year is the time to do it. With the station reopening to Corwen and the Pannier 7754 nearing completion it will be a memorable year here in the Dee Valley. Until next time, more soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. Visit this year, you say? That sounds like a very good idea...

    I do enjoy these updates as well as the modelling, both equally inspiring, to delight in the world around us, whether that be 1:1 scale or whatever is sitting on the workbench. Cheers, here's to cake and secondhand book coaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, it will be lovely to show you around when you visit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.