Shades of PiChem...

If we consider our model railways as the stage set, what story do we want to tell? Adopting similar terminology watch how by switching out our lead actors we can take things in a different direction…


Shades of Mountain Ash’ will be heading to its new home this weekend and whilst it will be nice to have the space back after a few months I’ve enjoyed its company. I recently tried something quite different to South Wales coal by popping a few powder wagons and the Hornby MSC liveried Sentinel as part of a ‘photo shoot’ for the new Planet Industrials ‘modern crew’ packs.


I didn’t expect the setting to work so well, thinking I’d need to get Mollington Road (which I never did sell) out of its slumber. The blend of greens and greys contrast with the pale grey and white wagons, the blue and yellow shunter a foil to the dirty industrial setting. It will be wonderful to see the layout take on the character of its owner with his rolling stock locomotives and story. If you’d like help working through a layout design process, designed to focus you on what you really want and results in a design brief and illustrations that I can work into a costed proposal or you can build yourself. In the meantime though, enjoy these photos and imagine the narrative they share. More soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.


Comments