Coalbridge Street on the road…

The crew have just arrived this morning and are about to fire up the 934. She was left slumbering in Langford’s yard yesterday and I happened to see them as I was passing this morning… 


The lights are back on after several months slumber, Coalbridge Street awakens… I am on the road again, taking the layout to Uckfield on the 17th and 18th of this month. It seemed sensible to get it down from storage higher in the workshop and dust things down, clean the track and check what stock to take with me…


It also reminded me that I haven’t taken as many photos of it ‘finished’ as perhaps I should - so will endeavour to address that this week with some story telling shots to finish off a few faux articles and books ahead of the show, for it’s not just the model but the back story that makes Coalbridge Street feel real… for now though here is 954 on test last night, looking sublime under those LED lights rolling slowly around the yard… until next time, more soon…



Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments

  1. Those are the most evocative pictures I've seen of Coalbridge St. They remind me of cycling from Pittsburgh to Washington and being up close alongside both open and closed railroads https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimbofin/9921249556/in/album-72157635853415104

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful photo James, I shall be taking some more of Coalbridge Street, as I say, ahead of the show.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.