Friday Update: Nine Ten Twenty-six...

I’m tired this morning, but I don’t need sympathy. Slightly under the weather and getting up early to support my eldest going to college (her bus is just after seven!) is taking its toll - but it has been busy here never the less, a shorter write up today though…


Steve and I are keen to press a few product lines that could do with some awareness / expansion, one of which is the custom nameplate service to non-steam modellers. To this end, ‘Your Name Here’ plates were created and the result is shown above. We offer any size, this is  8” though I think 10” may have been more common (around 3.2mm). I do like the CNS plate, too, it’s almost making me thing about naming something just so I can use it!


The bench has been varied - we’ve got custom decals designed and applied to the Railbus and Manning Wardle back right (more below). Another MW has been modified and weathered. An old commission is back for some running repairs and a pair of old Beyer Peacock bodies from the development of the original 009 kit are helping me with the latest one…  


I mentioned the lining - here she is! An approximation of the as built livery, I sprayed the light green (Humbrol 131) and hand painted the dark green (3). The lining decals are red, edged black with a yellow inner - and I’m really impressed with the quality. They really pop! There is a third MW on the bench at present, but that can wait for next weeks update as I can’t find a photograph. Not shown this week are the tram trio which have has their markings applied, and the etched kits - the Barclay has had a few parts assembled and added to the bodywork - these will need to be the focus again next week.


Meanwhile I’ve spent a lot of time researching Prairie branchlines in the 1980s and am slowly coming to terms with the lack of Rapido GMD-1s in N… currently pondering building an ex NAR GP9 to set the time period as early 80s… a next batch of Canadian stock is due to arrive today or tomorrow with 6 PWRS ‘NARC’ grain cars safely on UK soil from their latest release… and still, there is no firm plan for a Canadian prairies layout… that said, Defiance is ticking along for now, and that is enough. Armchair modelling and the occasional workbench project can keep the prairie dream alive whilst reality keeps ticking along. This weekend I’ll be preparing Coalbridge Street and cleaning wheels on locomotives and packing things up ready for a long journey this time next week - down to Kent. The 47 is also out on the railway for the last time this season so hope to get a ride to a Corwen tomorrow morning. Whatever your plans, I hope you’re all well. Until next time more soon…




Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.

Comments