Dawson Creek reprise…

Last week I introduced Dawson Creek. This latest commission build, an industrial narrow gauge line pictured towards the end of its life, perched atop the marshy North bank of the River Tees, clinging on for dear life, literally…


Last week I also shared the video detailing my feelings, design intent and the methods involved in creating this wonderful little cameo presentation. That video has been viewed over 10,000 times in just over two days. It seems I’ve not only captured the feel of a winters day in the 1940s but also your imagination… 

These last two photos were taken contemporaneously to my post last Monday. I held them back, as if perhaps subconsciously I felt like I needed to give the layout one last goodbye. For whilst it was never going to be mine, it was here - and I loved it.


Meanwhile, this morning I’m sat with the dogs, sunshine and my thoughts. Pondering how I can channel the feeling of completion, a reflection on the result of this project in to my own. The dogs don’t care, they have no suggestions. Neither do these photos… for I realise that creation is part of us, it comes from inside and the result is a manifestation of a feeling. 

If I leave space in my heart for the feelings to return then the models will progress once more… 

Until next time, more soon…


Support my work

I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.



Comments

  1. Superb photos from that angle James. Wonderful modelling. The shed door looks excellent.
    R.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.