Mosslanda: Defiance beyond procrastination…
That moment when frustration overcomes the in-action, where procrastination’s cruel fog lifts enough to make the first cut. Yes, we have progress on Defiance…
This latest IKEA Mosslanda based cameo project has evolved quickly over the past few weeks but has hung, frozen at the mock-up stage. I suspect I’m not alone in finding sticking points, usually the energy of a fresh new project has dissipated and what remains isn’t quite enough to overcome the mental block or reluctance to move on to a stage we’re not looking forward too - personal to all of us, mine seems to be structures!
That isn’t to say building buildings, as I’ve enjoyed ‘ad-hoc’ unscripted examples over the years from the Welsh farm house to the diminutive signal cabins… more recently the Canadian station… but I digress… it’s more the larger, structural or background examples - it has been the same on every larger project be it Beaverbrook to Cwmbach, and it does impact smaller ones too…
So you wait for the moment the fog thins, or lifts and you go for it…
Results often then come quickly, and can stall once more - but progress is just that.
I have moved the right hand end of Defiance, the unloading shed, from cereal box to foam board and styrene. The roof is removable to allow interior lighting to be added (next). The rear wall is just a blank ‘breeze block’ canvas - and that is ok for now. If the energy permits I will look to replicate this progress with the main low building flat, I’ve cut the base in foam board already but that doesn’t guarantee anything! I find the slower pace does five time to reflect on the ‘constructional’ jigsaw that a Mosslanda rewards. I’ve got a series of steps mapped out, taking my time as motivation permits can at least be guided by a sensible order of activity… there are plenty of other projects around the workshop to keep me busy - not least Cwmbach - perhaps some of this success can influence progress there over her weekend…
Until next time, more soon…
Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee, where regular memberships start from just £1.



Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.
James.