C50 in 009: prototyping...

A very exciting delivery today, the prototype etch arrived for the Hungarian C50 I have designed in 009 (1:76) scale. This rather cute but curious looking locomotive should prove to be a useful addition to my Eastern European forestry stock, as well as being the next kit in the EuroNG range... 
The Paul Engelbert book pictured here is a great english language book on the subject, published by Locomotives International. The 3D printed parts mounted to the Bachmann rusty chassis are shown with the virgin etch...
...which didn't last long - I cut out, smoothed and applied the etched parts to the model as well as forming the handrails from 0.4mm brass wire, and the exhaust in 0.9mm brass rod.
It didn't stay like this for long, I was itching to get a coat of primer on, and so by the end of the day I'd managed to sneak it out to the utility room for a quick spray in Halfords plastic primer. You my notice that I've also replaced the cab door handles with smaller finer examples too... once I've tidied up a few spots where superglue had spread under the panels I'll add a second coat of primer before painting. Green with wasp striped buffer beams and red side frames should do the job.
Now the prototype is proven I'm ordering production parts, so these should be launched at ExpoNG at the end of October. A lovely cute and characterful loco to replace the Bachmann 'Ruston-ish' body. More soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.