Sunday in Tywyn...

It has been 6 months since my last visit to Tywyn, and this time I took my partner, the kids and the dog for a ride on what turned out to be a little overcast and cloudy day, but never-the-less a lovely journey...
Edward Thomas was our rostered engine, handsome enough, and my eldest enjoyed taking a closer look at some of the design features necessitated by the loading gauge... I do like it, probably my favourite engine at the Talyllyn, but I must say, I preferred the old, perhaps somewhat less safe, appearance before the running boards were clumsily fitted.
3 on the footplate, so I wonder if someone was in training? Also a few tests as we had two stop at a couple of the small wayside halts for people causing some wheel slip before we were safely underway again...
A lovely trip - I never cease to enjoy, and in the saloon with the end window, a great view on both journeys...
Finally, in the museum, I'd never spotted this off looking side tipper wagon from Duffield Bank, a little bit of Heywood in the Narrow Gauge museum. I must dig out my old Mark Smither's book and see what he says about it. Back to work this week, and I've a few things to post about later in the week, so until then, more soon...

Comments