East Works: details details...

It's been a nice day, I don't often have a day off on my own projects so it's been fun working on the layout. Two posts in one day, but I've made enough progress since lunchtime for a few more photos...
The engine shed is now glazed, and planted - and is seen here with the pair of working steam locos, Russell and Stanley. I made it black and white because the colours aren't great at this time of night with less daylight...
Another shot of the same scene but from above - here you can see Russell's pony truck, and the loose lid on the top of the water tank!
Over at the mill, I've done a bit more here too - the mill is weathered and glazed, the weight bridge is glazed and the ballast store has been glued down and filled with some stone. I've still got to fit the weight bridge hut in place, and drill holes for the power pole. Also you might notice the distinctive diesel fuel tank, modified from a Sand Hutton chassis and a Minitrains tank, it looks the part for anyone familiar with the line at Norden, although I believe the tank may have come from the Furzebrook system when that line was closed. Later in the week I will begin work on the lighting pelmet and lid, so until then, more soon...

Comments