Friday update: Six nine nineteen...

After a fun packed weekend it's been back to it as the kids have gone back to school here in North Wales. Progress on a wide variety of projects, especially as ExpoNG looms and I need to produce some more kit instructions! More on that soon another time...
First of all, I have a Minitrains Brigadelok sat on my desk at the moment and I wondered, in H0e, how far off the Romanian 'Resita' it would be - the answer, even in H0e, it's far too short but a quick look in CAD showed a 'shortened' version might work. I have modified the artwork to fit the chassis, and added some holes for handrail knobs and wire handrails - this is now available in my Shapeways store (https://www.shapeways.com/shops/euronarrowgauge) . I personally have modified this model further by increasing the height of the cab by 2mm so that it can work alongside some of my 009 models as a 'Resita-ish'.
I've still got quite a few of the Hudson Hunslet to finish, the next in line is the penultimate 32mm gauge model that now sports a Trefor roof and a modified Model-earth figure as driver. This one is now in primer awaiting confirmation on finish from it's new owner.
I've also started on some other work this week, and a Heywood 'Muriel' in 09, using a Bachmann USA N gauge consolidation chassis has been taking shape. The chassis has been heavily modified and cut down, spokes filled and the centre axles swapped so the drive is in the right place. The body is being scratch built in styrene, whilst the glorious chimney and dome were turned for me by a good friend and fellow model maker who does the odd commission for me. More progress on this next week.

I've also been doing a big order on Shapeways for re-stocking my ranges at Narrow Planet, as well as writing articles for magazines and some 3D CAD design for future projects.

If you're interested in any of the models mentioned here, or would like to commission your own dream model, then do get in touch. More soon...

Comments