East Works at ExpoNG...

So as per my normal October pilgrimage I made my way down to Kent last weekend for ExpoNG at Swanley. This year I travelled down alone on the Friday, and visited Chatham dockyard (more on that later) before setting up on Friday night for the show on Saturday...
The layout is a departure from previous for me, being that it is presented in a cameo style, and viewed at eye level. The subtle colours from using a balanced blend of static grass and flock and the photo back scene seemed to draw people in, many commenting on their effective use, and the very subdued 'summer's day' feel to the lighting, so thanks to Michael Campbell for the tip on the LED strip, I pointed a few more people in that direction. 
On the whole, the layout ran well, and was good fun to operate - my only regret was taking Canal Street Wharf and not really being able to talk to people about it as it was behind me over my shoulder... I've updated the 'Exhibiting' link on my blog menu bar, with details of these two new layouts. Exhibition managers can contact me via a comment on the blog, the contact form or a forum personal message.
The Baldwin attracted a fair amount of attention, including Steve from Bachmann, and ran well. Over on the Narrow Planet stand my Resita garnered enough interest to warrant a batch in 009, so watch this space.
In summary, ExpoNG this year was a good show, and from my brief walk around when Harry (thanks Harry) operated my layout, the standard of exhibits was very high. I hope you all enjoyed it.
More photos of the exhibition ::here:: and ::here::

More soon...

Comments