Friday update: Eighteen ten nineteen...

Well a varied week of work, lots shared in other posts so I won't repeat here, but in between weathering large scale models a few personal projects have been progressing in the evenings along with some illustration work as well... 
East Works has taken a further few steps forward, the fascia and surround painted, lettered and fixed in place - with a week to go, the most urgent jobs left will have to wait until next week now with a weekend full of family commitments - alas I suspect that won't be a problem, and I'll iron out issues with the fiddle yard area after playing with it for a full day at ExpoNG. The layouts saving grace is that it's possible to operate it without any fiddle yard and still maintain some interest.
As well as this I've put a montage together of some of the completed Hudson Hunslet's before they all head off to their new homes, I've said elsewhere there are one or two spots left on the 2020 batch for £1150 if you commit now, so please get in touch if interested.
Of course I am also an artist and illustrator and was commissioned to help the Cavan and Leitrim railway in Ireland visualise what a possible brake third 're-build' might look like, this is my usual pencil, then pen and ink in a digital format. These sorts of illustrations make great Christmas gifts, if you order during November I can ensure you receive your artwork before Christmas, although if you want it as a print, then the deadline is the end of the first week of November. Contact me using the form on my website, Facebook, Instagram or one of the forums for a no obligation proposal.

Finally, I've been planning some more work on my live steam 7/8ths locomotive. I have some old canvas to use for the rear, so need to fabricate some small brackets to hang that on, and also work out some sort of cover for the hole in the back plate. I'm going to add laser etched glazing to the cab, and then also look to fit a sand box to the boiler over the winter... a few jobs that will finish off the engine nicely. Have a great weekend, more soon...

Comments