Friday update: Twentyfive ten nineteen...

Full on this week getting ready for the weekend, starting with a few of the HH's getting to their new home safely. It's nice to see some space in my workshop, and will be starting on a Ruston and Campagne autotracteur that will fill some of the space...

In the meantime a few hi-loights of the week. First of all, I noticed that Creech Bottom (no more) exists on the Peco website in their 'Inspiration Gallery' which is lovely (although the layout doesn't use Setrack as it states).
At the weekend I visited Corwen museum, picking up another book on the Moelferna Quarry and Deeside Tramway, a locally produced book with absolutely stacks of great photos, much deeper research and bags of inspiration, I keep pondering if I should do the Ruston they had at the quarry, perhaps next year - in the meantime I'm thinking of a rubbish wagon after the brake van project, and my PDF models Bedford lorry is back up the pile again as there are some good photos of the quarry lorries in the book. 
The layout is now finished (although not painted in this photo) with the addition of a hinged 'finger' that supports a cassette system. The table surface is clamped between the trestles making everything much more stable. All set for the weekend now!
One of the final Hudson Hunlet's has had a pair of canvas curtains added from antique canvas sourced from Marple via eBay. This is fitted on brass blackened rod that is a push fit in holes on the underside of the roof.
After selling a few personal models on eBay I've picked up another OO model - the Heljan Class 07. This at first glance is the best RTR model I've ever seen, superbly rendered with lots of detail, I always wanted one of these after seeing an article on scratchbulding one in an old Railway Modeller when I was young. I had a go at bashing one from parts of an old Airfix Drewry 04 shunter when I was about 9, but it wasn't great. However, 30 years later I now have a wonderful green liveried model ready for a little weathering and destined for use on my mini OO shunting plank...
I also picked up a second hand Bachmann open wagon - and was blown away by the level of extra detail in the under frame compared with the models I remember - I will still be building most of my stock myself, because I enjoy it - however this was attractively priced and will be another wagon for the same layout...
Next week I'll share photos from the weekend, or if you're heading to Swanley for ExpoNG this weekend I will see you there! More soon...

Comments