Friday update: Four ten nineteen...

It's been a busy week, but not as much work as we've had a few dry days up here in North Wales so I've been painting, more on that shortly...
The main news is that East Works is scenically pretty much complete now - which does mean of course that I can't put off the lighting rig and mini trestles any longer! I've cleaned all the track and thoroughly tested the 3 main engines that will use the line, Russell, Stanley and the NS2 diesel and the two rakes of skip wagons, all seem to be working fine but work will continue to fettle pointwork and I've still to build the fiddle yard and cassette system.
Commission work has been focused largely on the 09 Heywood Muriel, of which construction is 95% complete, a few more parts to add to the tank tops but otherwise ready for painting. The transfers and nameplates are designed and have been sent to my usual suppliers, so I'm looking forward to getting some colour on her in the coming weeks.
I've also made a start on the one dry morning that I wasn't otherwise painting (more shortly) on one of the Hudson Hunslets. This has been pre-shaded in black, and I've now sprayed on Humbrol Satin Dark Green. The next job is to airbrush on a lighter shade which will add real depth the panels and give it a well worn look. Unfortunately the rain has meant I've not managed to get any colour on the remaining locos, although a new order of Humbrol paints has arrived so I've got the colours my customers have requested ready now...
I shared photos of Janus earlier in the week, well I painted the handrails after the last update, so am now just waiting for the name and works plates before I can finish her off, seen here with the fellow industrial, the DJ Models Austerity. If you'd like me to undertake similar work on your models do get in touch. I've got a Hornby Peckett and a pair of Janus' hopefully on the workbench for customers before Christmas.
The other painting Ive been on this week though, has been the house! Here I am up the scaffolding at the roof apex. We're painting the pebble dash which is worn and patchy and it's been on going for 4 months with the fits and starts in the weather but my partner and I are determined to get the end gable painted and finished before the winter! Half done after a few days solid in the dry (if cold and windy) weather this week, so should be on track for finishing before it gets much too cold to be up a scaffold.
I hope these updates are still interesting, I've taken to adding the date in the title from now on. If you've a model you'd like me to work on, whether it's a basic weathering and detailing through to a complete scratch build, any scale, any loco or structure, do get in touch for a personalised proposal. More soon...


Comments