Resita(ish) in 009...

This model isn't a surprise as such, but until now I've not written about it on it's own, just sharing glimpses on Friday updates and on Facebook. However, with the prototype finished ready for ExpoNG it seems as good a time as any to document it's gestation...
It's been on the card for years - I have had a 'scale' Resita on my Shapeways store since I began selling models about 5 years ago, however a chassis was always a problem, in any scale (I offered it in 009, H0e and TTe). I'd been asked 'what about the Minitrains Brigadelok?' but had always discounted it as too short, even in H0e. 
However I began to wonder after looking at my Jung Dn2t model and having a spare Brigadelok chassis if I should try something out. The screenshot above shows the H0e versions - left, shortened to fit the chassis, right (and above) the scale model. This seemed to offer some promise, so I detailed it up (below) and uploaded to Shapeways (in fact I've since sold a few of them - let me know if you bought one)...
I decided for my own model (and the first built prototype) that I needed more 'stance' to stand comparison to my 009 models - to that end I stretched the vertical, adding height to the cab, and raising the pitch of the boiler. Still recognisable, perhaps even 'Egger-bahn' style cute? Anyhow, it arrived a month or so ago, has been cleaned up and here, shown detailed with the H0e etch from Narrow Planet and some parts from my scrap box (lamps, clack valves and pipework).
With ExpoNG looming I sprayed the model black, teasing a photo on Facebook...
...but this didn't last long however and I managed to throw some lining on, fix the plates and add weathering...
So, what do you think? I'm really happy with it as a model, but its obviously not a real Resita - I'm personally happy with the compromises, and the model is already available on Shapeways with the etch through Narrow Planet. If anyone fancies the '009ish' version I have, then I can put that up on Shapeways as well. I hope it gives me the nudge to start on a forestry layout I've been promising myself for as long as I've been back into 009!
(Note: the milky windows are still drying in these photos)
Here shown with the EuroNG O&K, it shows the height is ok for 009, whilst still having the feel of a Resita, the 3/4 views are more forgiving, in my eye, capturing the brutish presence of the prototype. If you're at ExpoNG this weekend, the model will be on display on the Narrow Planet stand. More soon...
 


Comments