Commission: Custom transfers design to reality...

As well as physical model making commissions, and the odd illustration or artwork commission I do also offer a custom transfer design and sourcing service...
I work from photos (either supplied, or from my own reference material), drawings and model dimensions to produce custom transfers that fit perfectly. I draw and adjust all my artwork to match photographs rather than relying on a computer generated font to represent the often sign written painting of the originals. I can produce artwork for lining, numbering and logos, including full colour, white, metallic and shading. Recently I've been working on commissions for NCB transfers for both locomotives and stock. Seen first here are buffer beam numbering, yellow shaded black, note the different styles of 'No' and style of characters (the 5 on it's own is a lot thicker than the 52), these are all based on prototype photos.
The cab and tank side markings are yellow shaded red. All of these transfers have a layer of white as an undercoat so that the yellow and red remain bright when applied over darker colours. The carrier film is continuous so rewards careful cutting to get as close to the transfer as possible, but also it's very thin, so when applied over gloss paint work disappears entirely.
In addition to the NCB era marking, I have also produced yellow shaded red and black for the LH&J Railway No.29, prototype is preserved. These are even finer, and I can't wait to see them on the finished model...
Finally on here are some plain white markings for NCB vans and wagons. The text shown here fits on the right hand side of a standard van, and fills about half the height, so its small. I had to painstakingly draw and adjust each character to match the prototype which was obviously painted free hand within vertical chalk lines, as it was straight but each letter a different width!
Finally, the resolution of these transfers is excellent and allows full rendition of markings even including the small date marking 4/80 that was on the prototype brake van on the Harton system.
If you've got a model in mind that would warrant some high quality accurate transfers then please do get in touch and I can help with bringing your model to life. Contact me on the blog contact page, Facebook or the forum messaging groups.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.