Commission: Narrow Planet Bagnall 0-4-0st in 009...

This small Narrow Planet 0-4-0st has featured on my blog in Friday updates in the past, but I'm happy to share these somewhat cruel close ups of the finished model...
The model has been finished in plain green, Humbrol 131 with 174 buffer beams and coupling rods. The lining is Fox N gauge coach lining, yellow and black. The model has been fitted with a half cab, which disguises the motor from the front and 3/4 views, and I was asked to give it the feel of Pixie from the Cadeby Light Railway which set the colour scheme as well...
The faux valve gear is particularly effective and shamelessly stolen from Charlie Insley who showed me how he'd done it on his model shortly after the model was released. The model is surprisingly compact and I'm sure will look lovely on my customer's layout. 
The side views show the compromise in using the Minitrains chassis - the wheelbase is too long and the rear wheel to far under the cab, but despite this shortcoming it's got a lot of character and was good fun to put together. I enjoyed revisiting an old one of my kits, and would happily undertake commissions again in the future to build kits of my own design.
If you'd like me to build you a custom one off model to your requirements and specification, be it standard or narrow gauge, any scale, kit or scratch build, locomotive, rolling stock or structure - through to complete layouts, get in touch using the form on the website, Facebook or one of the forum messaging services. More soon...

Comments