Peasmarsh Road: A K&ESR micro...

Although a definitive scheme for my renewed enthusiasm for a light railway model is still some way off I thought I'd share one of the more 'complete' concepts. This sort of illustration is a helpful way to flesh out a plan and gives a sort of storyboard...
The premise, as often the case, is something that will fit in the one space left in my workshop - the same viewable length as East Works. This means a very limited track plan in 4mm, but I'm also keen to get some depth to the scene - so the line crosses on a diagonal giving space for a goods yard at the front and a farm or something similar at the rear. 

The idea would be to use Peco bull-head track on the main, with flat bottom, possibly hand spiked, otherwise Code 75 with re-spaced sleepers, for the sidings. The minimal scene would be quite nice to work on with a chance at another balmy summers day, my favourite style of layout. Perhaps working crossing gates? Or just cattle creeps... I would also operate two time periods - one in the late 1920s as Col. Stephens was waning, and the latter in the 1950s under BR control (as I've the goods stock for that already). I suppose it might be possible to also operate a 'preserved' period, although the road would look wrong in a modern setting I suspect. 

As well as a model maker I am also happy to take on layout design, or even full layout builds on commission. Get in touch to discuss your proposals using the contact form on the website, Facebook or one of the forums. More soon...

Comments