Friday Update: Nineteen Six Twenty...

It's been quite busy this week with small scale commissions being completed and the post bag today for the weekly trip into Corwen is bulging...
However, the first thing to share is my own Hattons Barclay, fitted with the new prototype Pensnett Railway cab. I had tried to design custom transfers for this model, but the orange proved too bright, so I've gone back to good old Fox N gauge ones, which are fiddly but effective. I think this might be the third version of green too, it's taken some time to get it quite how I envisaged it. Waiting on a prototype etch including new cab roof and name and works plates, I still have to fit the second side and detail paint the chimney, smokebox etc.
This Hornby B2 Peckett arrived, the chassis briefly appearing under the Hardy's Hobbies Hudswell Clarke described yesterday. It's not yet clear what I will be doing with it, it was purchased with a view to what could be done in the way of a future Planet Industrials kit. I've got a few ideas, but because the footplate and saddle tank are the same casting, I think that the original plan to separate these, jack the tank up a bit and do a new cab to offer a B3 is out the window. I've drawings for a B3, the cylinders would need a little fettling, the chassis frames modifying slightly - and of course I'd need a new footplate and tank - as well as a cab. Because the this is cast, without it the model might be too light, so we'd need to probably cast the tank replacement in white metal. It's all sounding a little more involved than I had originally envisaged so for now, I'll probably just end up detailing and repainting her for the home fleet.
Finally, the 006.5 tiny Manning Wardle is nearing completion. I need to solder up some slide bars as the prototype etch used on this model has some errors, and then she's ready. Lined with Fox N gauge coach transfers and painted in my favourite green, she's a picture. Once finished I'll pose her with my own darker green model for a comparison. 
I've been busy writing material for future blog updates based on all the childhood photos I've found. I've also got plans for some more detailed write ups on kits and models. Thank you to everyone who reads and comments on these, I'd reply more often but it seems it's not possible to comment on your own blog posts for some reason - so my apologies for not interacting, it's not for a lack of trying. Have a good weekend! More soon...

Comments