Friday Update: Five Six Twenty...

A week of all sorts of commission and model making this week, from the smallest to the largest of models, and a turn in the heatwave (for the better in terms of my garden and greenhouse) at last...
The Bedford lorry I've been building has been on here before, but it's coming along now, I love adding finishing touches and the new door markings are based upon photos of the Moelferna Quarry Company's pair, although I've named mine after the Dyfrdwy Slate Company instead, as per the faux history. It's got real presence - and that's even without the back being near complete yet. Next step is to build up the planked rear sides and add the details - although no doubt I'll end up doing more on the cab and front to get that finished. 
On the modelling commission front this week we've got four models, 3 gauges 2 scales... left to right a Hardy's Hobbies Hudswell Clarke (4mm/ft scale, 16.5mm gauge), Narrow Planet Bagnall 0-4-0st (4mm/ft scale, 9mm gauge), 6point5 Manning Wardle (4mm/ft scale, 6.5mm gauge) and a Duton Heywood 0-6-0 (7mm/ft scale, 9mm gauge). They're a mix of 3D printing, etch, white metal and resin, but primed they've all taken on real character. The domeless Heywood is waiting on a turned brass example from a good modelling friend of mine... 
My own Oxford / Golden Valley Janus has had the coupling slots filled in, and I'll add 3 link couplings and touch in the weathering once I've added the yellow part of the wasp striping. The model originally had Kadee, but I'm moving away from that on my OO models.
Finally for this week, a rake of 5 Dapol OO wagons of different ages. These are being renumbered so they don't have the same number, a pair are having a detailed weathered interior added, and then all five will be individually weathered. If you have some duplicate models in your collection I can remove and replace the numbering with custom designed transfers that exactly match the original model. Get in touch for your own personal proposal. In the meantime, have a good weekend. More soon...


Comments