On shed today in 1972...

It’s steam’s last stand on the NCB lines of South Wales and B2 Peckett ‘Bronwen’ is seen at shift change, Pont-y-dulais...
The colliery at Graig Merthyr was to close the following year, and already output was reduced. However the nearby washery at Llandon which served several collieries in the area kept the Peckett busy until it was withdrawn in 1975, replaced with a hired BR class 08. The locomotive survived until the summer of 1980 but sadly in the end wasn’t saved and was cut up unceremoniously in the yard.

This is my OO cameo layout, and a Hornby B2 lightly modified, repainted and weathered. I’m happy to help you design and or build a layout, or build, modify, detail or weather your locomotive. Get in touch for a personal proposal. In the meantime, more soon...

Comments

  1. That photo is so beautifully atmospheric and coupled with this story my impression moves from "that's still one heck of an attractive layout" to "I really need to model that!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As ever, thanks Chris, I think it’s been a great layout project for me, one that has helped through a different and challenging year, always puts a smile on my face and hope too, that it inspires others to have a look at what they could do with a little space and some imagination...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.