“We’ve gone on holiday by mistake”...

This Oxford Diecast Mk2 Jag has had a makeover, although you’d not know it by looking at the knackered old beast, looking tired and past its glory...
Dented, rusty, dirty, broken headlamp, missing hub caps... 
it can only be...

Withnail: Are you the farmer? 

I: Shut up, I'll deal with this. 

Withnail: We've gone on holiday by mistake. We're in this cottage here. Are you the farmer? 

I: Stop saying that, Withnail! Of course he's the fucking farmer!

...the accidental cult classic Withnail and I. I bloody love it’s bonkers storyline, the landscapes, the silliness... and I thought it might be fun to include the old Jag on Pont-y-Dulais from time to time. It’s nearly finished, just needing numberplates and the rear lights touching in with colour. Work was fairly basic, priming first, then drilling the headlight to make it look damaged, drilling the hub caps, cutting into the paint to create dents and then dirtying up, before touching in the metal work. Just a few hours work if that, but immensely good fun and a nice distraction from the ‘day job’. What film stars feature on your own layout? Until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. Love it. A couple of very minor observations, partly based on my own plans to update this model to represent my father's Mk2 - which was a little special having been breathed on by the competition department at the factory. I would do something to brighten up the other headlamp, and don't forget the small lights at the front are the indicators. I'm going to fill in the door handles, and finally I want to do something about the windows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those indicators need sorting too... but I’m not sure what else I’ll bother with as a quick project. I think the glazing has dropped a little, so I need to re-seat it.

      Delete
    2. Awesome film, and a great recreation of The Jag....

      You've got soup? Why haven't I got any soup.......

      Delete
    3. You could reel off quote after quote...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.