Dyfrdwy Tramway: Sunday steam…

What’s this? A bonus post, yes well I promised that I’d try and get a few more photos if I managed a run on the line today. I did, so here you are…


The Barclay steamed well, and I shuffled a few trains back and forth, no real shunting but I enjoyed practicing driving and improving my slow speed skill, anticipating when to open the regulator to account for the twists and turns on the tramway which is both tightly curved in places and far from flat!


Of course driving and taking photos is impossible so all of these show the engine in mid gear, but there is the odd whips of smoke, and the pressure gauge to let you you know she was really in steam! 


A short stores train and a timber load, the opposite in weight, to practice driving with a light train and a heavy one. All stock is modified Model-earth resin kits. The locomotive is a Roundhouse Billy and Simply 7/8ths body kit. 



A lovely way to spend an hour this afternoon. I hope you’ve enjoyed these extra photos, I’m sure there will be plenty more this year. More soon… 

Comments

  1. I do like the miniature tin of Brasso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. A gift from a good friend. Nice little touches, details like this!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.