On Video: Making and fitting DG couplings (N gauge 27)...

Thick and fast, these N gauge posts are coming at pace as I enjoy downtime working in this scale...

The summer has felt long, with the kids off for 6 weeks and half of that time away from the work bench. Snatched moments have forged ideas on what I’d like to achieve on this journey and each challenge I’ve faced be it a physical ‘I’m not sure how to do that’ to the mental ‘I don’t think I can do that’ have become fantastic opportunities to learn about new techniques and myself. 


At the outset I had two major concerns with N. Track and couplings - both in terms of their functionality and appearance, and in this, the second of the ‘how to’ myth exploding videos I tackle the assembly and fitting of the latter (the first tackling building a British Finescale Turnout is available here). 
PLEASE CLICK either the rectangular 'full screen' box, or even better, the YouTube button to go and watch on the YouTube site in full-screen, otherwise these parts will be completely tiny on your screen!



Filmed on my iPhone over my bench, there are moments where my hands disappear, and the small size of the couplings make seeing what is going on a little tricky at times - but I hope that in general it's a watchable 10 minutes. If you have any questions please leave them here (or there) as comments, and I'll answer them. I'd also love to hear your own experiences!

This 'how to' follows a few videos which show them in operation. My first thoughts here, and a longer 'Mindful Shunting' video without commentary below.


I have to keep remind myself of just how small these models are, all I see at the moment is potential. I've worked in H0/OO scale my entire life, the opportunity to work and learn in a new scale has proven to be a tonic in many ways that are transferring into all my modelling. Creech Barn has even crept out of storage! Until next time, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments