Commission: Heywood 0-6-0t in 09...

This model, based upon an old Duton kit has been built as 'Ursula' at the request of my customer who previously commissioned Muriel from me last year...
The model has featured on a few 'Friday updates' in the past, but is now finished. The Duton kit was designed for the inside framed Farish 08 chassis, I've modified it to use the newer outside framed Grafar 08, which meant modifying the cylinders, cross head and connecting rods. The result is a more realistic appearance under the skirts.
The rest of the model is 'as per' the kit, apart from the dome and whistle. The dome was turned by my good friend Paul Barrett and is a lovely touch, matching the one he did for Muriel last year. The white metal whistle didn't look right next to it, so I turned something up in my drill from some brass rod, somewhat more crudely!
The lining is custom transfers I designed and had printed especially for this model. The cab is nicely detailed, the resin castings being clean and neatly moulded. 
The finished model has bags of character, and probably most closely matches Ella - but Ursula it was to be, so plates supplied by my customer finished the job nicely. She'll be off to her new home shortly - in the meantime, if you've got a kit you'd like me to finish for you get in touch for a personal proposal. More soon...

Comments