Holiday on Skye...

Regular readers may have noticed no blog update last Friday... well I was on holiday for the week, and the other posts I shared I'd written on Sunday to keep things updated whilst I was away...
We had booked a cottage on Skye late last year for this summer, and had feared it wouldn't be possible to go with the C-19 shutdown, but Scotland opened to holiday makers in self contained accommodation a week before we were due to go, so we bought all our shopping here in Wales and did the mammoth drive up to Skye in one go, just stopping for a wee and to switch drivers twice on the way up and three times on the way back. 
We had a lovely relaxing time, focused on the north of the island - staying at a cottage near Uig. We're hoping to go back north next summer, possibly a little further south in Scotland this time, and then a ferry trip to Harris and Lewis (or Barra) in 2022... Anyway, things are back to normal here so expect a more regular service to resume although my other two kids are visiting next week so it might be quiet then too!
Hope you can enjoy some sort of break or holiday this summer. Best wishes to everyone. More soon...

Comments

  1. It is the most beautiful place. Even in bad weather Skye is a wonderful. Glad things worked out for you and sounds and looks like you had a great time. I think I was lucky that I visited several times in the 90s and 00s. From what I have read the island has suffered from a lot of visitors in the last few years. No doubt this year things are much quieter. Harris is a great place and the Orkneys have a uniqueness to them with a history going back to neolithic times and well worth a visit to. You can probably tell I have a fondness for Scotland's islands!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.