Friday Update: Ten Seven Twenty...

It feels as if the world, at least the UK I should say, is returning to some sense of normality. The kids are more self sufficient, and the end of home school (the summer holidays) is in sight, and there are plenty of interesting commissions to keep me busy...
Pont-y-dulais, being directly above the bench has seen some work this week... the problem is, of course, that because it's nearly 'finished' I want to keep working on it. A few more details ticked off this week, more work on the shed this weekend is planned, I'll update on that in the next few days.
The RT Models Sentinel has also been progressing, this diminutive model is small and chunky, real muscle in a small package. Up until now everything has been soldered using both 180 and 144 deg C solder. The laminations are tinned before being placed on the model and liquid flux used to encourage the solder to flow when heated up. I've a few more small etched pieces to add - although I may choose superglue for them! I'm planning crimson lined with N gauge BR Fox orange/black/orange lining - and with some lettering on the side of the bonnet for a pseudo Engineering company I think.
The Hornby Peckett is small, but the Sentinel is even smaller... the Peckett is awaiting it's final (second) prototype of the roof etch - you can see the balance weights have been fitted. The Planet Industrials kit should be out in August.
As well as standard gauge there has been a fair amount of narrow gauge progress on the workbench too... Lyd2 has entered the paint shop. The first step after primer was to spray some white paint all over - it's a good base for the colours, as well as allowing the white stripe to be masked before painting the blue. The buffer beams have been painted yellow ready for wasp striping - the red lining down the sides of the white will likely be applied by bow pen. The 006.5 Theakston has signal red buffer beams and satin brown chassis with a dark green body. I'd love to line this out, but it's SOOOO fiddly to contemplate using the bow pen on all those panels over a custom mixed green that would be difficult to touch up. I will mull it over - it may just get a coat of dull-cote before I add some glazing. 
Finally, this pair of Irish narrow gauge Tralee and Dingle coshes are coming together. The one at the rear is a rebuilt Branchlines model. I've stripped the donor down, replaced the (lovely) bogies with 009 ones to lower the ride height to better match my customers existing stock, using Peco L&B wagon bogies. The interior was stripped and replaced so that new neater glazing could be added post re-paint. The second coach uses an unbuilt Branchlines coach and Worsley Works scratch aid parts and is being built as a brake coach. The window bars and grab handles will be added next before painting. Both should receive brass roofs in time. 

This weekend I will be working on the Pont-y-dulais engine shed, and possibly doing a little more work on Mollington Road. If you'd like to commission your own model from me then get in touch. I hope you have a good weekend. More soon...

Comments