Sentinel 100hp in 1:76...

I've been working on this RT Models Post-war 100hp Sentinel model for a few weeks now and have really enjoyed working on something designed by someone else...
It's definitely not how I would have done it, but it's no better or worse as a result. What it is though is terribly good fun, very neat, well detailed and generally thought out - if anything the instructions could do with a little work, and better diagrams, but as it's not my first kit this didn't really matter and I jumped around a bit once the basic structure was together.
The chassis is a small all wheel drive unit from High Level, combined with one of their new 1020 motors and small flywheel from Tramfabriek. As a result, with it's compensation, it runs like a swiss watch! I will probably add some blu-tank inside the body though as the gear train, despite being mainly plastic, does induce a little bit of a whir and this is magnified by the hollow metal box!
The bodywork is nickel silver with overlays - tabbed on the most part, cleanly etched and easy to assemble. I soldered everything until the very last, with just the window frames, handles and a few of the smaller overlays superglued in position. All that remains now is to finish the roof off, something to work on next time the soldering iron is out! Until then, time to start measuring up for custom transfers as I want a nice neat 'factory' livery with lining and lettering. If you're contemplating one Robert's kits, I'd recommend it, especially if you've built a metal kit before - if not then it's not too difficult but I find the Judith Edge instructions a little better. If you'd like to commission me to build you one then get in touch for personal proposal. More soon...

Comments