Commission: 667 again…

Another of my Planet Industrials 'Victory' crossed the bench again recently, this a simple identity added to this blank canvas black example...


A set of Fox BR early crests and some custom etched number plates were added to bring this model to life - the variety of finishes I've completed and seen carried out on the black examples of this popular and well received model has been fantastic. I wanted to include a plain black model for those out there who liked adding their own finish and it has paid off nicely. 

The etched plates are customs from Light Railway Stores through their 'Custom Nameplate Studio' service which works well and produces these very fine plates in a much swifter turn around. These days it seems the real hold up in the service is not the design and then prep/postage but the etching. I painted them here and chose to mix a bit of Humbrol gloss crimson (20 IIRC) and red brown (100) to get a good shade on the cab side plates. The front smokebox door plates are blackened in chemical blackening solution, and then painted in matt black. As the paint just goes tacky flick them over and rub on the card the CNS plates come attached to which burnishes the paint off the raised surfaces leaving a really clean and polished finish. Blackening the smokebox ones means you don't need to pick the raised letters out in white as they go a sort of grey colour, hope that tip helps you all as I know this is a bit of a pain otherwise!


If you would like me to bring your Victory to life, or any there model for that matter, get in touch for a personal no obligation proposal. The contact form here on the website is in the menu (top left) or you can contact me via Facebook or the various forums. Until next time, more soon...




Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.


Comments