For Sale: Layout clear out (Pont-y-dulais and Mollington Road)...

I have really enjoyed both these layouts, they've been a part of my life now for several years but rather than skip them I'd love them to find a new home...

Mollington Road - £200 - 00 gauge 1/76 scale

Designed as a photo prop really, the layout is just 56x36cm

Mollington Road will come with it's wooden storage box. Simple DC operation, two wires trail from the end of the headshunt. Turnouts control power routing in the sidings. Layout will come with all structures seen in the photos and the three road vehicles, two cars and a white Transit.
More photos and the whole story on the blog here.

Layout  - 56 x 36cm
Box - 60 x 40 x 14cm (L x W x H)

Although unfinished in this photo this shows the size and track plan of the layout. All structures and vehicles visible will be included. Structures (and ground cover) now complete.


Pont-y-dulais - £350 - 00 gauge 1/76 scale

A busy shed scene at Pont-y-dulais

My original 'cameo' layout, just 100cm long and with it's own integral lighting built utilising Peco bullhead track this industrial scene has been the backdrop of many of my Industrial kits as well as our Planet Industrials Victory. There are no stage exits, rather the whole scene allows you to shunt stock about between the two sidings and with it's self contained nature makes it the perfect layout for a small home (or your study).


The layout will come with the structures and scenery but I shall remove the tractor, bicycle and corrugated lamp hut - this was scratchbuilt by my Grandpa and has some nostalgic linked to it. DC power, frogs wired to toggle switches that can be manually switched to match the turnouts, or left 'off' to act as Insulfrog. No isolating sections, so only one locomotive can be operated on the layout at once. I can provide details of the lighting transformer you will need. More photos on the blog here.

Layout 100 x 24 x 19cm (L x D x H)


I am hoping these will sell quickly, I'm keen to free the space up to build some new projects. Pont-y-dulais will be replaced by a version of Boothstown I think. Both will be on display at the Doncaster exhibition this weekend. If you'd like to collect them in person that is one option, close of play on Sunday you can take the layout(s) home with you! Otherwise you're welcome to arrange collection from me here in North Wales. I'm 10 minutes beyond Llangollen, just a mile off the A5. Get in touch in the usual manner, contact form, Facebook or the forums. Until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. Permit me a moment of dewey-eyed nostalgia here. Mollington Road was the first layout I saw when I visited this blog for the first time. The close ups and tight camera angles captivated me, creating quite the sense of realism. It must have had a big effect on me. I'm looking at my 16mm scale micro layout "Beware of Trains". I see Mollington Road's influences in it. The layout looks its best through close ups and tight viewing angles. I hope it finds a buyer who will care for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian, myself included. I’m glad it provided such an energy to fuel your own modelling!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is a surprise! If someone had asked me a week ago which layout I would pick if I could have any in existence, I would have picked Pont-y-dulais. Unfortunately, I don't have the funds at the moment to buy it, nor do I have the space now that I've been very fortunate to be given a layout as a project to work on. I'm going to reach out to a couple of people to see if they're in a position to take either of them. In any case, I hope they both find good homes soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.