Planet Industrials: Mini me take 2…

At Warley last November Steve and I commissioned Alan at Modelu to scan us both wearing ‘modern’ atire with a view to creating another Planet Industrials crew pack… 

The results are shown here, left to right we have driver me, shunter me and secondman/fireman Steve. Driver and secondman have their arms on the cab sides of Victory (and many other British steam locomotives) and shunter has hands on the front railing of the Hornby Sentinel (although also, if printed in H0, the railings if most North American diesels). We plan to offer the loco crew with the same accessories as the previous pack. The shunter will come with a shunters pole. Whilst these are primarily intended for steam locomotives they could be adapted for use as drivers in smaller shunting diesel locomotives.

The 4mm versions will be available shortly from Light Railway Stores directly, from stock, and print to order in any scale from Modelu. Keep your eyes on the the Planet Industrials Facebook page for the release date and more exciting news this year. Until next time, more soon…

Comments

  1. Now this is so cool ... love the idea! I bet someday, someone will figure out how to do one-off figures with a person's likeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already offered here in the UK by Modelu. As well as their standard range they offer a scan and print service so you can drive your own trains!

      Delete
  2. Hi James

    Those figures look good and I would hope to get some H0 versions. The "shunter" looks just the pose that the conductor had riding the caboose at Englewood on Vancouver Island when I visited in 2006. Have sent you a photo - see if you agree
    Best regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan, good to hear from you! Indeed thanks for the email, your photo does indeed show the same pose! Hopefully the H0 scale figure will also enjoy service on my own layout in time!

      Delete
  3. Definitely getting these - I got the previous pack without realising they were you and Stephen. Any chance you could give us a heads up on here too? I'm not on fb and having deleted my account a few years ago, have no plans to join back up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday updates are a good bet to check. It will be at least 2-3 weeks minimum as I've not even had prices from Alan yet.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.