5 minute makeover...

I was looking at my Hornby Sentinel the other day, and really thought the headlights are terrible! I wondered if I could fit small jewels, like I'd done on my Canadian models recently...

I measured them to be about 1.5mm diameter, so had a quick look on the Modelu website as I needed something else from them anyway - and yes, they do supply them loose, so I bought a pack of 5 clear 1.5mm lenses. Fitting them was a doddle, I gently drilled each light to create a dimple, to provide a better purchase for the white glue. I then put a spot of white glue (glue-n-glaze) and placed the lens gently on top.

Simply repeat at the other end, and the result, although difficult to photograph in the light box, is a remarkable transformation, and one that doesn't even take 5 minutes. What else can offer such a benefit? I'll cast a look around my efforts and share any more I find. For now, more soon...

Comments