S13u in H0: Ready for weathering...

Over the past few weeks my Kaslo Shops MLW S13u kit has been coming along slowly, between commissions and other models...

It's now had all the final details fitted and is ready for a light weathering to bring it to life. Since the last photos on the blog I have fitted the glazing, jewels for lights, filters and screens, hoses and couplings.

The finish is quite nicely dull, and will be a perfect base for some light washes, dry brushing and airbrushed road dirt. It's quite a light model at present, in terms of weight because so much of the original Bachmann chassis has been cut away. Once I've built the layout I will know if I need to add more - like wise, the coupling height is perhaps a touch too high, and the trip pins need adjusting.
It's a nice slow performer but the drive is quite noisy, almost diesel like growl - accentuated by the relatively hollow shell. I may look to add plasticine in the model if I don't decide to fit DCC and sound, as that will deaden things somewhat. I'm pleased with her so far though, especially the handrails. Until next time, more soon...

Comments