Dreams come true...

For nearly forty years I've been a railway enthusiast and modeller. Since my earliest days I've dreamt of producing a ready to run model, and in my teens even packaged up models I made in my own branding... 

Well as of this morning I am excited to share that dreams can come true! My good friend and business partner, Stephen Fulljames and I are pleased to announce the first ready to run model in the Planet Industrials range, the Kerr Stuart Victory in OO gauge...

Prototype info

The Kerr Stuart “Victory” locomotives were a class of 10 0-6-0t sourced by the Inland Waterways and Docks Department in 1917. Most saw service at various southern ports before being sold into industry after hostilities ended. Six examples went directly into colliery service, two to the Alexandra Docks Railway, one to the Brecon and Merthyr and one to Colonel Stephens's East Kent (also a coal hauler). A number survived in industrial service into the late 1960s, none were preserved.

About our model

Our 1:76 scale '00' gauge model features a smooth powerful can motor, flywheel driven chassis with darkened RP25-110 profile wheels, highly detailed accurate body with seperately applied details and a NEXT18 DCC interface. It will safely negotiate a minimum R2 curve.

Project status

Design for our model is complete and tooling work is underway. An engineering prototype is expected in early 2021.

Visit the website, sign up to the newsletter and keep an eye on social media for more announcements. We're hoping to be opening pre-orders in the new year! It's going to be an amazing adventure, I hope you can join us both on it - until next time, more soon...

Comments

  1. Congratulations. Sure to be a popular prototype

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, we hope so!

      Delete
    2. As I commented on NGRM, an excellent choice and I'm certainly up for one. I know about the difference in cab height on the East Kent version but I'd be happy to accept the com[promise if you were to offer that version. Otherwise a green one for me please.

      Good luck with this, I wish you lots of success.

      Delete
  2. James,
    That is an interesting and attractive prototype. Will the model be designed so that conversion to EM or P4 is achieveable without having to build a new chassis and or have to meove the cylinders, slide bars, etc.
    Regards,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff, we're excited and really love the prototype. I'm afraid that it's not designed for re-gauging, although there is a little clearance between the cylinders and slide bars and the rods - whether that's enough for sliding out the wheels on the axles remains to be seen, but our target market is OO and a reliable model with proven clearances was more of a priority on our first excursion into RTR. Why this should be asked of us, when it's not expected of Bachmann, Hornby or Heljan is interesting though - you're not the first to have asked Geoff!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.