Friday Update: Six Eleven Twenty...

We have sunshine! Yes, it might not last long but make the most of it! I've been for a walk with the dog already this morning, it's lovely to feel the warmth on your skin and marvel at the Autumnal views here in the Dee Valley, truly beautiful this time of year...
My own Golden Valley / Oxford Janus, fitted with the new Pi plates.
Back onto model railways... it's been a busy week behind the scenes at Planet Industrials this week, we've got some new products on the store, and more in line... the first of these are some etched name and works plate sets available from stock. Historically Narrow Planet's custom etching service has allowed these to be made to order, but with a lead time associated with custom artwork. These new sets are available from stock, and hence hopefully of interest to industrial modellers. We've a few selections to start with, more planned, but get in touch if there are any you'd like Steve and I to consider in the range.
The sunshine brought out some lovely views on the tramway this week, and the chance to photograph on of the 2020 batch of Hudson Hunslet's out on the line. This is a 45mm example, so no chance of running it, but it looked the part in the green of the garden setting with some gentle autumnal light.
Inside, I've been cursing trying to re-engineer a Wrightlines 0-14 Hunslet - this chassis was started ten years ago and put in a box by my customer. I've had a pig of a job getting it to run anything like smoothly and it's got a decided limp - but that's the best available without a new set of etches! Anyhow, it runs, and the valve gear is assembled and in place - so at last I can make a start on the bodywork next week.
Finally this week, I can share that I am truly a OO/H0 figure! Steve has printed a OO scale version of me from the Modelu 3D artwork, in 1:76, seen here posed with a Modelu 1:87 figure, showing that I can pass for either! What we're really impressed with is the quality of the print on our own 3D printer. Lovely and crisp with no visible layering at all - I can't wait to get some paint on them - I've got a H0 scale version of me on the way too, for the Canadian Project.
H0 scale figure and OO scale me!
I hope you all have a good weekend - I'm looking forward to it, in the meantime, I've got a few new commissions to make a start on in the coming week, and some more Planet Industrials prototype etches are due back next week too, so keep your eyes glued to my blog. Until then, more soon...

Comments