Wide nosed from Canada...

What a weekend, it's been so exciting to launch the Kerr Stuart Victory project, however I was lucky to receive a parcel on Saturday, something I'd been looking forward to since I spotted it on RMweb a few days ago...

I picked up a second Athearn Genesis loco, this is a sound fitted GP40-2LW, an ex-Canadian National road locomotive bought by Guilford and decorated as their '500' with Maine Central reporting marks.
It's a lovely detailed model, there was a little light damage, hence the good price, but that's now all repaired and I'm looking forward to firing up the sound this week when I have a bit more time! Yes, I know it doesn't fit with the layout at all, but it was such a bargain and I've a real soft spot for these wide cabs, that I had to have it in the collection. I will weather it, picking out the panel lines carefully before a gentle dusting of road dirt.
Pictured here, is my other Genesis model, the GP15-1 I imported from the US, a Norfolk Southern liveried example I have patch painted as a short line HSWR (Halifax and South Western Railway) for the Canadian project. I have a suspicion this may end up with DCC and sound at some point. I've also wired up the Canadian National S13 I've been building, but again, this is crying out for sound too really. We'll see how things pan out in the coming months. In the meantime, back to work again tomorrow and lots to be working on for Planet Industrials, as well as commission work before Christmas. More soon...


Comments