Friday Update: Sixteen Seven Twenty-one…

The fine dry weather this week, and a lull whilst waiting for parts on other commissions has seen a concerted start on the Renfrew Wharf layout build…
The plywood shortage has delayed the build by a few months, but now I’ve sourced some 9mm and managed to build the basic framework. It’s a shelf mounted cameo, so has a flat base without bracing, and will eventually include a lighting pelmet and lid. Quickly glued and clamped, then painted I’ve actually got a little further still…
Track was mocked up and I’ve actually finished laying and wiring it now too, so next week I can move on to scenic treatment, and look at options for hiding the frog juicers and NCE panel.
My YouTube channel has a paltry 47 subscribers at the moment, and I doubt this video is going to change that but I was very excited to get this model ‘wired for sound’. It has been a slow but enjoyable build paced around other projects. The aging Lifelike Proto2000 GP20 chassis is a slow smooth runner, and fitting the ESU Loksound and Rail Exclusive speaker proved to be more difficult than I had imagined as there is less space than you think in these older mechs. Anyhow it’s all in, and the video shows how much character the rebuilt GP9 has, it’s the sound file from a GP9 rebuild with the 645 power assembly, and is perfect. This weekend I’m expecting another Canadian kit to arrive, along with the custom brass parts for my Englewood SW1200RS… next week should see some custom metal couplings for the Simplex I designed arrive too, but only one more week before the summer holidays slow everything down. 

Have a good weekend, more soon…



Comments

  1. Grown by one James! As they say in the advert for a supermarket I won't mention - Every little helps! Being serious didn't realise you had a channel so will be going through your interesting looking back catalogue. Woody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, every little helps… thanks Woody.
      I’ve bought an iPhone adapter for my old camera tripod so plan to do a little more with video in the coming months…

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.